Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fashion Around the World Series: India


Kolkata Fashion Week


Traditional Indian Jewelry with the traditional Henna Tattoos on their hands.


Traditional wedding wear- It is traditional to wear red on a women's wedding day. This is one gorgeous wedding gown!


I just love her makeup and the bright blue jewelry!


Indian Fashion Week


Traditional Indian footwear


The Banjara Tribe - loving all the bright and fun prints and colors!



This is my second installment to the fashion around the world series. If you aren't familiar, I will be presenting fashion around the world by country. This week I am presenting India.

India's fashion is very unique and all their own. They are not afraid to wear excessive jewelry and bold colors. Prints and beaded embellishments are always incorporated in their clothing. What astonishes me is they can wear all that jewelry and still look gorgeous! I love Indian jewelry, if you want "bling" look for this type of jewelry.

With taking these photos for inspiration, be bold and wear excessive jewelry but in the right way as shown above. Wear jewel toned colors with fun prints. Don't be afraid to pile on the jewelery!

Do you love Indian fashion?

And if you want me to feature a specific country next let me know (I was thinking about splitting South America in two next)!


Always,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...